Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Double Minion Birthday Cake

As one of my "standing" yearly requests - I always enjoy finding out what theme this little guy is going with for his birthday! This year's was a "minion" theme, from Despicable Me and I couldn't have been more excited - especially since the overall design was completely left up to me! I wanted to attempt a cake using not only the familiar yellow minions we've all become so accustomed to, but also the crazy-haired purple minions as well, and I was so pleased with how these party animals turned out! The cake consisted of one tier of chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling and one of vanilla buttermilk cake with vanilla buttercream filling, covered in fondant with fondant details. Have to admit, I was kind of sad to have to let these guys go! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment