Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hunger Games Cake

This was (I believe!) my 3rd cake I've had the utmost pleasure of working on for Icing Smiles, Inc.! I was contacted about working on a cake for a very special young lady celebrating her 17th birthday -and- it just so happened she was a HUGE Hunger Games fan! (Um, can you say - match made in Heaven?!) Knowing the AMAZING team over at Duke Children's Hospital goes ALL OUT decorating & planning for these kids - I knew the cake needed to be just as fun! I made Miss Hannah a chocolate cake, with chocolate vanilla buttercream filling, covered in fondant with fondant & gum paste details. Really loved how well the Mockingjay topper turned out - I cut out the circle using some of my cutters, then just formed the mockingjay itself by hand - started with a lump of gum paste! (Really glad it came out looking like a bird lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment